Museums, Archives & Libraries
Most people would think the physical handling of archives and antiques would be the most detrimental to something so precious…
Most people would think the physical handling of archives and antiques would be the most detrimental to something so precious, but it might be the air surrounding them. Using the proper filters and change out schedule can eliminate molecular and particle contaminants that can ruin that precious work of art or timeless novel.
- Molecular contaminants typically are chemicals either organic or inorganic that cause damage and the severity depending chemical components
- Particulate contaminants can be a variety of viable (capable of growing), typically bacteria, mold or fungus
Best practice recommendations are a three-step process.
- Pre-filter of MERV 8 or higher
- Molecular filtration using carbon treated media
- MERV 15 or higher efficiency filter to remove fine contaminants
Using the right filters is important but so is maintaining a proper change out schedule, one without the other is only doing half the work, at best. Choosing a cheaper filter with a higher pressure drop or extending the changeout period increases energy consumption greatly and costs a lot more in the long run.
Filtration Group- IAQ offers an extensive product line and best practice recommendations, click here for your personalized audit and consultation!
We are committed to providing the highest efficiency, highest performing quality air filtration products and solutions serving a broad range of industries across North America. Read our Stories
We produce filtration solutions to fit into HVAC systems of all kinds to ensure that you are offering healthy air to your building occupants.
FREE RESOURCE CENTER
CONCERNED ABOUT RE-OPENING YOUR BUSINESS?
MADISONIAQ.COM is a free resource center brought to you by FG IAQ, Filtration Group of Companies, along with Madison Industries.